News Release Details
Entegris Advances Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy and Sets New Aspirations
2022 CSR report outlines progress and introduces new and updated 2030 goals
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20231115141216/en/
Entegris publishes third annual Corporate Social Responsibility Report (Graphic: Entegris)
“We are proud of the progress we have made on our CSR journey, but we recognize we can do even more,” said
In 2022, Entegris made strides in significantly expanding its positive impact across its four pillars—from supporting the next generation of diverse talent to developing critical STEM skills, to ensuring the safety of our team and driving innovations that align closely with future customer needs while also conserving natural resources and protecting the planet. In recognition of these efforts, the company earned a Gold Medal rating from
Highlights of 2022 progress and evolved 2030 goals in the report include:
Allocated 37% of operating expenses to Research & Development (R&D) and aligned 100% of its innovation portfolio to advance the
U.N. Sustainable Development Goals( U.N. SDGs) and support the advancement of customers’ technology roadmaps.
- Going forward, Entegris will invest at least 55% of operating expenditures in R&D and align 100% of its product innovation portfolio to its sustainability pillar goals. The company will also establish an end-of-use, circular economy strategy for major product platforms.
- 90% of employees agreed that Entegris is a safe place to work and 67% of employees proactively reported safety concerns.
- Moving forward, the company remains committed to achieving an injury-free work environment and will work toward its goal of creating a culture where at least 95% of employees say Entegris is a safe place to work and 100% participate in proactive safety activities.
- 39% of new engineering role hires were filled by women and/or individuals from underrepresented groups.
Entegris and the
Entegris Foundationinvested $3.4 millionthrough scholarship, internship, and co-op programs helping women and individuals from underrepresented communities gain access to opportunities in science and engineering.
Moving forward, Entegris aims to invest over
$35 millionin STEM scholarships, internships, co-ops, and rotational programs; strives for over 50% diversity in new engineering roles and 40% diversity in all new leadership roles; and aims to implement career development plans with 80 hours of learning per employee annually.
- Reduced water intensity by 17% and reduced energy by 27% per revenue dollar, compared to the 2020 baselines.
- Going forward, Entegris aims to reduce scope 1 and 2 GHG by 42%, decrease water usage by over 50% per Entegris revenue dollar, and reduce landfill waste per revenue dollar by at least 50%.
Entegris’ CSR strategy is aligned with the
Entegris is a leading supplier of advanced materials and process solutions for the semiconductor and other high-tech industries. Entegris has approximately 9,000 employees throughout its global operations and is ISO 9001 certified. It has manufacturing, customer service and/or research facilities in
Cautions Regarding Forward Looking Statements
This news release contains “forward-looking statements.” The words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “project,” “should,” “may,” “will,” “would” or the negative thereof and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements include those related to Entegris’ 2030 CSR goals, plans to achieve such goals and reporting related thereto; the focus of Entegris’ engineering, research, and development projects; Entegris’ ability to execute on its business strategies, including with respect to Entegris’ expansion of its presence globally; and other matters. Forward-looking statements address matters that are, to varying degrees, uncertain and subject to risks, uncertainties, and assumptions, many of which that are beyond Entegris’ control, that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those that are described in Entegris’ filings with the
VP of Investor Relations,
+ 1 952 556 1844
Senior Director of Corporate Communications
+1 978 436 6546