News Release Details
Entegris Launches First Corporate Social Responsibility Report
2020 Report Outlines Progress and Sets Plans for Achieving 2030 Goals
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211021006077/en/
Entegris launches first Corporate Social Responsibility Report (Photo: Entegris)
“The overlapping and unprecedented crises of the past 18 months – from the COVID-19 pandemic to social unrest and growing concerns about climate change – have reaffirmed the need for us to engage proactively to confront these challenges, individually and collectively,” said
In 2020, Entegris formalized its CSR commitment with the creation of a CSR framework and set ambitious 2030 goals aligned to each of the four pillars. Science Today for a Sustainable Tomorrow establishes baseline metrics for fiscal year 2020 and reports on the company’s action plans for operationalizing these responsible, inclusive, and sustainable practices across its business operations.
Highlights within the report include:
- Invested more than 35% of operating expenses in Research & Development (R&D). By 2030, Entegris expects to invest 55% in R&D, enhancing the company’s ability to develop breakthrough technologies that can transform society.
- Leveraged decades of experience in pure materials handling in the semiconductor industry to develop low-temperature storage bags that are being used by leading COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers to handle the production and distribution of vaccines around the world.
- Fostered a workplace culture where safety is universally recognized as a top priority. In 2020, 90% of Entegris employees felt that “Entegris is a safe place to work,” and the company aims to reach 95% by 2030.
- Continued efforts to strive for an injury-free workplace by increasing participation among team members in reporting and eliminating hazards in the work environment. As a result, our total recordable incident rate (TRIR) in 2020 was less than 0.74 down from 1.19 in 2019 and 1.64 in 2018.
- Implemented health screenings, automated temperature scanning devices, and visitor management systems at all facilities to protect colleagues from the spread of COVID-19. Pandemic Preparedness Response Teams were formed at every location to manage protective measures and maintain ongoing communication across Entegris’ global organization.
Entegris Foundationto fund STEM scholarships and internships for women and individuals from underrepresented communities. To date, Entegris has contributed $5 millionto the fund with the goal of investing more than $30 millionin STEM scholarships and internships by 2030.
- Completed more than 109,000 hours of real-time learning and development opportunities across the 6,600-strong Entegris workforce. By 2030, Entegris team members will complete five times the amount completed in 2020.
- Implemented a new process for collecting and tracking usage of water, electricity, and natural gas across all Entegris locations, helping to establish 2020 baseline metrics and identify reduction opportunities to meet 2030 goals.
Began construction in
Taiwanon Entegris’ newest and largest global manufacturing facility that will integrate the company’s 2030 sustainability goals throughout its manufacturing processes. The facility aims to reduce water consumption by more than 50% from what is currently consumed at similar facilities.
The report also outlines the company’s CSR efforts across the supply chain, including engagement with suppliers to set sustainability goals and complete scorecards to improve performance and help suppliers make a positive impact on the industry and the communities they serve. Entegris is committed to advancing inclusion and diversity across its supply chain, and in 2020, more than 15% of Entegris’ spending was awarded to diverse suppliers.
Entegris’ CSR strategy is aligned with the
Entegris is a world-class supplier of advanced materials and process solutions for the semiconductor and other high-technology industries. Entegris has approximately 6,600 employees throughout its global operations and is ISO 9001 certified. It has manufacturing, customer service, and/or research facilities in
This news release contains “forward-looking statements.” The words “believe,” “expect,” “anticipate,” “intend,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “project,” “should,” “may,” “will,” “would” or the negative thereof and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. These statements include those related to Entegris’s 2030 CSR goals, plans to achieve such goals and reporting related thereto; the focus of Entegris’s engineering, research and development projects; Entegris’s ability to execute on its business strategies, including with respect to Entegris’s expansion of its presence globally; and other matters. Forward-looking statements address matters that are, to varying degrees, uncertain and subject to risks, uncertainties and assumptions, many of which that are beyond Entegris’s control, that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in any forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those that are described in Entegris’s filings with the
Director of Corporate Communications
T +1 978-436-6546
VP of Investor Relations
T +1 952-556-1844